Immigration Spain – Migrating to Spain – Information About Immigrating To Spain

There are basically two kinds of work Visas in Spain, namely, the Transnational Work and Residence Authorization and the Temporary Work and Residence Authorization. If you plan to work as a local hire of a local company, you will need the second kind. Remember that you cannot convert from Visitor status to Work status while you are in the country. Although you may be in Spain at the time of processing, you will not be authorized to work.

Generally, the application must be accompanied by an offer of employment which should be filled up by a Spanish company or local sponsor. The Ministry will thereafter issue a final resolution, which may take anywhere from 30 to 90 days. After the application process is finished and the employee’s application approved, he/she will be asked to appear before the Spanish Consulate which has jurisdiction over his/her place of residence. After this, the passport of the applicant will be stamped by the proper authorities.

For family and dependents, there are different rules, depending on the composition of the family. Unmarried partners are not granted dependent visas, while spouses and children may be granted such visa provided that they are also named on the application of the employee’s work permit application. Keep in mind, however, that spouses and dependents will not get work authorization if they have a dependent visa. They must get their own work visas to secure local employment.

Spain is stricter with regard to illegal immigrants, and getting expelled as an illegal alien may be a permanent roadblock to living there. As such, make sure that you comply with the immigration laws when you are in Spain.

For more information about these or any other programmes, please contact us to discuss your potential
UK Head OfficeTel: +44 (0)844 5555 480

About studentabroadmagazine

The place to share and discover study abroad in the top 8 study regions of the World; United Kingdom and Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA, South America , South Africa and Asia
This entry was posted in European Student News, UK Student News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s