Experience Maori culture in Rotorua:
1. Visit a living thermal village where the Maori people still use the geothermal activity to cook and bathe, as
their ancestors have for generations
2. Enjoy a Maori cultural performance that tells stories of Maori culture past and present
3. Sample the well-known Maori hangi meal
4. Discover Maori culture through a marae stay
5. Visit the Maori Arts and Craft Institute and see traditional carving and weaving in practice
6. Experience and learn the world-famous haka
Courses for teachers:
Language and Methodology for Overseas English Teachers
In 2009, we ran our first two courses for overseas teachers and these were both very successful and enjoyed by both teachers and “students”. Our first course was for 15 teachers from China who work in high schools in and around Jin Chang city in Gansu in the North west of China. The second course was enjoyed by 6 Japanese
teachers who work for ECC teaching all ages from 3 years up. In January, we welcomed our second group from JinChang and already we have two groups expressing interest in coming in July and August.
In the classes, teachers are given the opportinity to improve tehir own English as well as get a lot of ideas to help improve all areas of their teaching. They also enjoy learning about New Zealand culture in their homestay families and also by taking part in some of the many activities offered in and around Rotorua.
New Zealand offers university, vocational, high school and language courses
Please contact us for details of any of these programmes